Friday, January 27, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

2 Paws
Seen recently at Marcus Midtown Cinema

It confirmed my fear of heights.

Other than that, there's not much to say about this "I'm still relevant" vehicle for Tom Cruise. Director Brad Bird tries infusing humor into this MI version, and Simon Pegg does deliver as the nerd who finally gets his chance to be an operative. I'm not sure it works overall in this genre, though. I remember watching the television series with my family as a grade schooler. While I was never quite sure what was happening, I loved the intrigue and the pace of the action - it was where my love of suspense was born.

One particularly bright spot is Anil Kapoor's tiny role as an Indian tycoon with a thing for the ladies - he needs more screen time in this country, Hollywood.

Bonus Bones: 0
No dogs in this desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment