Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

2 Paws
Seen recently at Aksarben Cinema

I've muggled my way through all seven books and films, and here's my take on the last offering:

The Good
- I loved the fact that scrawny 'ole Neville (Matthew Lewis) stepped up and became a leader, giving hope to shy kids with ferocious overbites around the world.
- I enjoyed seeing Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) smootch it up.
- I was once again amazed at the production values.

The Bad
- The humor and charm of the series was lost, leaving the viewer with 130 raging minutes of Braveheart-like bloodshed and a final battle scene that looks like it was stripped from the original Star Wars script (Luke and Darth Vader did it better).
- I could have lived without the final scene at the train station - even though it's straight out of the book - because it was tough to buy the intrepid trio as married with children.

The Ugly
- Now that the series is over, who's going to employ all those fabulous British actors, some of whom seem older than Hogwarts itself?

Bonus Bones: 1
When all of Hogwarts is running up and down those crazy staircases, if you look quickly, you'll see an aristocratic dog in one of the moving portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment