Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Love You Phillip Morris

2 Paws
Seen Jan. 29 at Film Streams

I have to admit I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan. His constant mugging, jarring movements and shout-speak are a bit too much for my delicate sensibilities. All three were present in Carrey's version of con man Steven Russell, although he also attempted to pull off some quieter moments - not sure they worked, though. I think I would rather have seen a documentary on Russell - it was hard to get past the star power of Carrey and Ewan McGregor to focus on the unbelievable story. Watch for the reference to former President George W. Bush in the closing text - it should make all Democrats snicker a bit.

Bonus Bones: 2
Two different sets of Miniature Pinschers (this breed guess is based on my home school learnin' via the annual Westminster Kennel Club dog show broadcast each February) make brief appearances after Russell moves to Florida to start his new life. If I'm wrong on the breed, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment