Saturday, October 13, 2012

Looper

1 Paw
Seen recently at Aksarben Cinema

My brain is not wired for science fiction.

I spent the first part of the movie trying to figure out what they did to Joseph Gordon-Levitt's face. Then I was distracted by the soft-boiled egg hair (bald on top, shell around the sides) of Bruce Willis, who plays the older version of JGL's character "in the future." At this point, I felt like I was watching a foreign film minus the English subtitles.

Then the demon child (whom I at first thought was a CGI character) enters the picture. Ooooie - let's hope the kid (Pierce Gagnon) doesn't need therapy later in life. If it weren't for the calming presence of a blonde, shotgun-toting, American accented Emily Blunt, I would have headed straight for the exit. 

Thinking back, I can only recall one time travel movie I really liked - 1980's Somewhere in Time. You just can't beat Superman and Jane Seymour falling in love at the historic Grand Hotel on Michigan's Mackinac Island despite the different eras they live in.

Bonus Bones: 0
Thank God there is no dog in this one - either Bruce Willis would have shot it or that disturbing child would have blown it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment