Saturday, December 31, 2011

We Bought A Zoo

1 Paw
Seen recently at Aksarben Cinema

I dragged my husband to this one. "But it's got Thomas Haden Church in it," I reasoned.

I hate it when he's right. My list of takeaways after sitting through this piece of poo...
- Writer/director Cameron Crowe, the cheesiest of cheeseballs, is incapable of making a good movie.
- Ridiculous plot devices (there are two particularly deplorable ones in this film) insult the audience and make me angry.
- I love Matt Damon (Benjamin Mee), but he needs to make a good movie again, soon.
- Scarlett Johansson (Kelly Foster), though nice to look at, is a pretty horrible actress.
- Thomas Haden Church (Duncan Mee) and John Michael Higgins (Walter Ferris), no matter how good, can't save a stinker.
- Colin Ford (Dylan Mee) is the latest in a long line of child actors who can't act.
- Who is the real artist behind Dylan's sketches? They are incredible.
- The older I get, the more the idea of a "zoo" bothers me.
- I wonder what it's like to live in the southern California countryside.
- This was a bad way to end a year's worth of trips to the movies (53, to be exact).

Bonus Bones: 10
Thank God for the multiple scenes featuring Leon, the well-trained beagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment