Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rango

2 Paws
Seen recently at Rave Motion Pictures Westroads 14

This is no movie for kids. I don't think the mom, dad and passel of youth who sat in front of us knew that going in, based on the amount of time different configurations of them spent in the lobby during the screening. A lot of it was creepy and downright gross - who needs to hear about conjunctivitis while they're eating Jujubes? The cast of characters reminded me of a cross between those in that famous bar scene from Star Wars and the townspeople in the George Bailey-less section of It's A Wonderful Life, just dirtier. (I didn't get the shout-out to Chinatown until it was pointed out to me.) I also thought Bill Nighy was miscast as the voice talent for Rattlesnake Jake - perhaps James Earl Jones and Alan Rickman were busy with other projects.

It's a must-see for those who admire the art of animation, though, and the owl Mariachi band was - yes, I'm going to say it - a hoot.

Bonus Bones: 0
I guess the desert is too hot for dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment