Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty

2 Paws
Seen recently at Aksarben Cinema

I intended to stay away because of the torture scenes. Then I was seduced by the real-world headlines surrounding the film's opening as well as the Oscar buzz. The final analysis? I could have lived without seeing this one on the big screen.

The bright spots - if there is any light in such a dark undertaking - are the performance of Jason Clarke as Dan, the magnetic administrator of torture in the film's opening sequences, and the seemingly real camaraderie of the Navy S.E.A.L. team that carries out the raid on (and eventual capture of) Osama bin Laden. 

It would be nice if this were all make believe.

Bonus Bones: 2

It was pretty dark, but I think I saw one street dog and one four-legged member of the Navy S.E.A.L. team.

No comments:

Post a Comment